While helping to host the USAS Swim-A-Thon Workshop, we picked up a few tips and tricks of the fundraising trade that we want to share with you!
10 WAYS TO TAKE YOUR SWIM-A-THON TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- Create weekly rewards for top performers
- Choose an online platform to extend your reach (e.g., TUMoney)
- Get a local sponsor to purchase banner space the day of
- Constantly promote with weekly updates on social media and via email
- Find the right time of year for your club (off-season isn't always the best)
- Take LOTS of pictures (then use them to send out in your weekly updates)
- Let the kids decide how they are going to swim (free, fins, backstroke)
- Make your coaches swim with your athletes (at least a few laps, come on Coach!)
- Pick a theme for your Swim-A-Thon (beach party, Superheroes, Olympics)
- Run the Swim-A-Thon for at least six weeks if not eight weeks to maximize profits
We hope this helps with your next fundraiser. If you have any other suggestions on how to ramp up your next USA Swimming Swim-A-Thon or fundraiser that you want to share, please feel free to leave a comment below. We would love to hear what you have to share!
We have partnered with the USA Swimming Foundation as a preferred technology provider with the TUMoney platform. This integrated system allows clubs to use a cloud-based system, integrated right into your team site, to manage, promote, and collect donations for these fundraisers. Impressively, teams are raising more than ever and the average online donation is over $80! If you are interested in learning more about the TUMoney system, click here.