Enhance your season through live streaming.
Finding ways to bring value to your youth sports organization can be challenging year after year, but it doesn't have to be. Enhance the visibility and reach of your organization with the power of video. In a world of ever-changing technology, the demand for on-the-go training, scouting, sponsorships, and watching athletes' games from anywhere is rising.
As we continue to work to simplify our youth sports families, administrators, and coaches' lives, we've gathered some of the latest research to guide you step by step on bringing live streaming to your youth sports organization along with its many benefits.
Phase 1: Getting Started with a Video Provider
Learn how you can bring value to your members through the power of video.
Lessons for Phase 1:
- Get early buy-in from your board members. Help them understand the value video can bring to your organization with this helpful video brought to you by SportsEngine Play.
- Do your research. Finding the right provider to fit your organization's needs is critical. Review multiple providers to understand what's best for your organization.
Phase 2: Searching for a video provider
Learn how to lay the groundwork and livestream your season.
Lessons for Phase 2:
- Ensure your provider has the support you need. For example, SportsEngine Play has a thriving community, robust support site, and training library to help you along your journey.
- Create a video and sponsorship strategy. Start small and craft a plan at the start of your season. Here is a helpful article to learn more.
Phase 3: Setup your team for streaming
Now that you've selected a video broadcast provider, here are some pro tips to ensure a successful streaming event.
Lessons for Phase 3:
- Recruit volunteers. Getting help with your video strategy from the get-go is the key to a successful program. Keep this article as a cheat sheet as you begin curating your program.
- Ensure you have the right camera for your organization. Dive into what SportsEngine Play recommends when streaming your sporting event here.
Phase 4: Start streaming and engaging members
Craft a plan to set up your season for broadcasting.
Lessons for Phase 4:
- Elevate your game with our toolkit. Highlight your new streaming program and provide free access to live streams on your website and social media with this live stream toolkit.
Phase 5: Celebrate the Launch of Your New Live Streaming Solution
It’s finally game day! Gain insights for a successful kickoff of your new streaming service from Frisco Independent School District.
Lessons for Phase 5:
- Send weekly emails and posts on social. Build excitement and awareness of your season through the power of email and social media. Encourage your families to 'like,' 'share,' and 'subscribe' to your live stream and social channels. Dive into our toolkit templates for easy editing.
- Generate QR codes to promote live streams. Google's QR code generator is an easy way to share links with your members while they're on-the-go. Add it to event banners and social. Learn more.