Academy Award-winner Angelina Jolie directs and produces UNBROKEN, the epic drama that follows the unbelievable true story of American hero Louis "Louie" Zamperini.
- What is significant about the film’s title Unbroken?
- How did Louie’s childhood prepare him for war? How did Louie’s running career prepare him for war??
- Before going off to war, Louie’s brother, Pete tells him, “A moment of pain is worth a lifetime of glory.” What is significant about this quote? Why do you think Pete tells Louie this?
- After being shot down, Louie, Phil, and Mac emerge as survivors on the raft. In what ways is teamwork essential to their survival? What happens when they don’t work together?
- Why is Louie always the first one to be beaten? What do you think Louie has that the Japanese are afraid of?
- In the end, Louie realizes the way forward is not by revenge but through forgiveness. Why is revenge not the answer?
Our partner, Positive Coaching Alliance, provides a collection of movie discussion guides, which aim to help you make the most out of movie viewing with your team or child. Movies provide many of "teachable moments" parents can share with their young athletes helping them be successful, contributing members of society.