Her Best Move is the story of soccer player Sara Davis, a high school girl trying to balance teenage life with the chance to join the US National Team.
- Does Sara’s coach, Lorrie, exemplify a Double-Goal Coach®? Why or why not? Pay close attention to how Lorrie speaks to the team and individual team members.
- Sara’s parents have different opinions on what’s the right path for her. How does this affect Sara? What behavior by her parents would be best for Sara?
- Is Sara a Triple-Impact Competitor®? Why or why not?
- Give 3 examples of how the lessons Sara learns playing soccer translate to other parts of her life.
- At the end of the movie, why do you think Sara lets Regina score the final goal and send her off to nationals? What does this show about her character and her being a team leader?
Our partner, Positive Coaching Alliance, provides a collection of movie discussion guides, which aim to help you make the most out of movie viewing with your team or child. Movies provide many of "teachable moments" parents can share with their young athletes helping them be successful, contributing members of society.