Whether your company has required that you work from home for a few weeks or your children's schools are closed, the coronavirus outbreak means a lot more time spent indoors. Of course, your kids' health and safety is paramount, but keeping your little ones entertained for hours on end is probably vital for your sanity. In an effort to make the next few weeks a little easier on parents, we came up with a list of easy, kid-friendly activities that will keep their minds occupied at home, whether you're stocked up on crafting supplies or not.
Indoor Activities to Keep Kids Entertained While at Home
- Make a fort. How many hours did you burn growing up building the perfect hideaway?
- Do an easy craft. No need to go over the top, just give your kiddos some construction paper and crayons and let their imaginations soar.
- Make an obstacle course. Use old pillows and toys to set up a quick-and-easy obstacle course in the living room. Just lay out a few instructions for your little ones to follow.
- Write letters to relatives. Have your kids craft a letter to a grandparent or family member. It also helps them practice their penmanship, talk about a win-win.
- Make a simple recipe. Get kids involved in the kitchen by having them help you prep lunch or dinner, with supervision, of course. Here's a list of simple recipes to get you started.
- Do a puzzle. Amazon is chock-full of puzzles for kids of all ages. Prime one to your house and let the kids go wild.
- Get building. Use Legos or building blocks to create a true masterpiece. Go for a more complicated build, like a bridge, to give your kids the lowdown on basic physics.
- Cuddle up with a few books. There's no such thing as too much reading, so carving out an hour to hunker down with your kids' favorite titles is certainly a good idea.