Getting to know the leaders in youth sports and what drives them each and every day. Along with some recommendations for your next book, TV show, or podcast. Want to be highlighted here? Tell us a little about yourself—we’re always looking for great people to highlight every month!
Let's get to know Kelly Mahncke from USA Hockey
1. Industry trends I follow
Growth in youth sports, DEI, the Olympics
2. Someone I follow on social media that you should go follow right now is _______
St. Lawrence Hockey and USA Hockey... of course!
3. What are you currently reading?
“Sapiens” by Yuval Noah Harari
4. What are you currently binging on?
Hockey and "Yellowstone"
5. What are you listening to?
The Ed Mylett Show
6. What is your go-to leadership quote?
“The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower
7. What is your favorite sports memory?
Participating in and winning the Colorado state ice hockey championship
8. Favorite athlete of all time and why?
Cammi Granato because she has done so much for the game