Use this roadmap to guide you through the steps you need to take before, during, and after every season’s registration period.
60 Days Prior To Registration
Phase: Program Planning
- Cost to participate
- Number of participants
- Divisions and level of play
- Registration open and close dates
- Enabling a registration refund policy utilizing RegSaver
- Legal waivers & forms that need to be created
- Update website content to reflect a new season
- Launch your online uniform and apparel store (Squadlocker)
- Create listings for upcoming programs on SportsEngine.com
- Activate your next season
- Note: Make sure your teams, leagues, and divisions are accurate
- Find local and national sponsors
- Start a fundraising campaign (SnapRaise)
- How to create a program listing:
- Log in to SportsEngine HQ
- Select “Promotion” in the navigation
- Click “SportsEngine.com Listings” and create a new listing to advertise your programs
- How to activate a new season
- Go to your club, team, or league page and follow the steps on the page
- Use the Sponsorship Tool in SportsEngine HQ to create proposals and customized letters
30 Days Prior To Registration
Phase: Registration Building
- Provide details to begin building registration forms
- Autoforms, waivers, financial consolidation, payment options, etc.
- Get advice on the upcoming season
- Review registration with Account Manager PRIOR to opening for the season
- Determine how and when you will reach out to former and prospective participants for the upcoming season
- Create smart groups in SportsEngine HQ of past participants to encourage them to return for another season
- Plan social media posts, make sure accounts are updated
- Create and collect applications for coaching positions
- Have each applicant complete a background check (NCSI)
- Launch your coaching application form
- Utilize the Registration Request Form to create a new registration
- Submit a Copy Request Form from a past season with updated details to expedite the process
- Create smart groups to make sending messages to specific groups easy
- Navigate to SportsEngine HQ
- Select Members, then choose Permissions and Newsletters
- Select the Groups subtab then choose to Create New Group
- Safety requirements are always evolving, make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest initiatives and mandates by contacting your account manager
Phase: Registration Opens
- Execute your communications plan
- Ensure SportsEngine.com listings are active and accurate
- Watch as signups are collected
- Track incoming payments
- Create and run financial and member reports
- Select coaches
- Ensure coaches have correct certifications and have completed background checks
- Have hired applicants complete abuse prevention training
- Utilize SportsEngine HQ to its fullest and view live daily updates to your registration and payment collection progress
- Contact your account manager for information on abuse prevention training
Phase: Registration Opens
- Complete player evaluations (Team Genius)
- Organize and build teams
- Add players, coaches, and staff to teams via rostering too
- Make team pages public to enable them in the SportsEngine mobile app
- Send messages to teams and families to encourage them to download the free SportsEngine mobile app for real-time schedules, team communications, and more
- Collect additional fees (tournaments, roster-based fees, uniforms, etc.)
- Offer payment terms/plans to those that need it
- Make sure to complete team rosters using the Rostering Tool in SportsEngine HQ
- This is how you’ll communicate to players, families, and coaches for the entire season
- When rostered, all players and coaches will be included in the mobile app.
- Track all payments in SportsEngine HQ
Phase: Season Starts
Questions? Contact your account manager or consult help resources found in SportsEngine HQ.
Premier SportsEngine Marketplace Partners
Complete every step of the roadmap and enhance your SportsEngine experience with these Marketplace partners. Find them on https://marketplace.sportsengine.com.
Affordable coverage to insure non-refundable registration.
Custom gear in two weeks, with no minimums, from stores that never close.
The world’s largest and most successful collegiate athletic recruiting network.
A complete improvement solution to train smarter and get better, faster.
A streamlined fundraising solution built for kids, coaches, and parents.