Rock-solid, immensely entertaining, based-on-fact account of Rudy Ruettiger (Sean Astin), a working-class boy intent on realizing his dreams of playing football at Notre Dame.
- In the opening scene, what do you think Rudy's father is saying to Rudy with his body language when Rudy tells him he is going to play football for Notre Dame after high school?
- Rudy faces many obstacles in pursuit of his dream to play for Notre Dame. What are 3 of these challenges and how does he overcome them?
- Why are Rudy's teammates mad at him for working so hard on the field, how does it make them feel?
- Name 2 examples of Rudy exemplifying a Triple-Impact Competitor®?
- Why did the coach not want Rudy on the game line up even though Rudy worked so hard in practice? Do you agree with the coach's decision?
- Why did all the football team give up their jerseys to the coach? What was important to the players that made them give up their jerseys?
Our partner, Positive Coaching Alliance, provides a collection of movie discussion guides, which aim to help you make the most out of movie viewing with your team or child. Movies provide many of "teachable moments" parents can share with their young athletes helping them be successful, contributing members of society.