- All content must be original and complete before the submission deadline.
- All submissions are subject to be edited for accuracy, clarity, quality, and length.
- Video may be included, however, it must not contain any pre-roll, interstitial, or post-roll advertisements
- Feel free to include any royalty-free, self-created or SportsEngine approved charts, graphs, and images with your submission. Any image that SportEngine cannot verify rights for will be removed.
- References: If detailed attributions are necessary, please incorporate them into the text.
- Editorial decisions to publish or not to publish content are made at the discretion of the SportsEngine and are based on factors including but not limited to: relevance to the industry, interest to readers, timeliness, and caliber of content.
- SportsEngine may re-writes titles, subtitles, and content to conform to our accepted style guide.
- When you submit content, you agree and represent that you have created this content, or you have received permission from, or are authorized by, the owner of any part of the content to publish it.
- By submitting content, you are indicating that you are the sole owner of the content and/or have the authority with the right to edit, retitle, reprint and repurpose the content as the SportsEngine sees fit. You or the owner of the content still own the copyright to the content sent to the, but by submitting content to SportsEngine, you are granting us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide license to use, publish or transmit on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented.
- You warrant that the content you submit is not obscene, threatening, harassing, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal. You warrant that the content you submit to does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual.
- As defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, to censor is “to examine in order to suppress or delete anything considered objectionable.” SportsEngine neither condones censorship, nor knowingly engages in it. SportsEngine reserves the right to exercise its editorial judgment. Editorial decisions to publish or not to publish submitted content are made at the discretion of the SportsEngine Community Editor and are based on factors including but not limited to: relevance to the industry, interest to readers, timeliness and caliber of writing.
- As defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, to plagiarize is “to steal and pass off the ideas or words of another as one’s own,” “use another’s production without crediting the source,” or “present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.” SportsEngine considers other forms of plagiarism to include “self-plagiarism”: instances in which an author borrows from his or her own previously published work without the proper citation within the newly submitted article. Plagiarism of content could in expulsion from the SportsEngine Marketplace