Academy Award winners Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger star in the triumphant true story of a boxer who fights to win a second chance for his family and becomes an unlikely national hero.
- Is Joe Gould (Paul Giamatti) a positive coach? If so, in what ways does he demonstrate this?
- What were the steps that James J. Braddock (Russell Crowe) took to overcome adversity and become a champion again?
- What life lessons did Braddock learn in his time away from boxing and in his return to the ring?
- Does Max Baer respect his opponent, Jimmy Braddock? Does Jimmy respect Max? How does this respect impact performance?
- What is Jimmy’s main motivation to succeed? Is it simply to win?
- How do Jimmy’s actions influence the society and community he lives in?
- Our partner, Positive Coaching Alliance, provides a collection of movie discussion guides, which aim to help you make the most out of movie viewing with your team or child. Movies provide many of "teachable moments" parents can share with their young athletes helping them be successful, contributing members of society.