Trying to entertain kids who are tired of being cooped up at home? Try some of these parent-approved games and activities.
We pulled advice, recommendations, and more from our TODAY Parenting Team contributors, all of whom have used these activities with their own families. Whether you're looking for some fun outdoor activities or just trying to mix up a standard family night in, there's sure to be something for your family to enjoy.
For more advice and activities, check out the “Summer Fun” writing challenge on the Today Parenting Team page.
- Plant a garden. Plan out, buy seeds or seedlings, and consider pumpkins for the fall.
- Go roller skating. Is there a summer deal? Look locally.
- Batting cages. Love this!
- Street games. Pick 3 to 5 games you've never played before and learn them with your friends.
- Wiffle ball. One-time cost of buying the ball and bat.
- Outdoor tic tac toe. First you have to make the game pieces.
- Outdoor checkers. First you have to make the game pieces.
- Chess. This game is really going to help you in the future!
- Interview your grandparents. Grab your iPad to audio record. Get an inexpensive microphone and have your questions ready.
- Learn to do three new things. You get to choose, and plan how you will learn.